Saturday, September 27, 2008

HOT DOUG'S

Whenever I go anywhere, I am always inclined to try their hot dogs. Why would I want to try hot dogs that aren't hot dogs from Chicago?  I once got in an argument with this lady over NY versus Chicago Hot Dogs. NO contest, SORRY! She was from Brooklyn, so I couldn't understand much, and she was also in town because she drove her 17 year old kid to show off his Jordan collection for a documentary they were shooting and would not even TRY Chi-Style's. ANYWAY, there are MANY places in Chicago to score a Chi-town Style Hot Dog.  BUT, my favorite Hot Dog joint, the one that makes me feel that "Harold & Kumar satisfaction" is HOT DOUG'S, because not only do they have the best Chicago Style, they have gourmet hot dogs.


  It's self-described as the "sausage super-store & encased meat emporium." What that means is GOURMET Hot Doug's and complete satisfaction.


Along with having tons of different gourmet hot dogs named after celebrities, the selection of condiments exceeds all:


Mustard (yellow, spicy brown, honey or Dijon), Caramelized Onions,Relish, Tomatoes, Pickle, Celery Salt, Ketchup, Raw Onions, Sport Peppers, Sauerkraut, Spicy Giardiniera, Chili, & Cheese.

Here are a few selections of hot dogs with descriptions:

The Trefor Proud-Irish Banger with Guinness Stout Mustard and Cheddar-Chipotle Cheese 

Spicy Thai Chicken Sausage- Sriracha Mustard and Sesame-Seaweed Salad

The Kobe Cinci Dog-Wagyu Beef Hot Dog with Yellow Mustard, Cincinnati Skyline Chili and Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Jamaican Jerk Pork- Sausage with Passion Fruit Mustard and Sautéed Plantains


Magical. I could go on about this place, but I have to say it is the one place I'll wait in line to eat at, and it's the one place where I wake up early, hustle on lunch to go to. More Info: Here.

1 comment:

123 said...

I have never wanted to travel for delicious meats more than I do right now. Sweet fancy Jesus I'm hungry.